Monday, March 03, 2008

Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Divides

I have to walk 5 minutes from my office to the High Court. Invariably, the most time consuming part of the trek is the 50 feet called Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road or NSC Bose Road. Ever since I joined law college, i have crossed this road a zillion times. And yet, each time it is intimidating.
While just out of college, I reasoned out that the probability of a lawyer being runover was already very low and so if a few of us joined together to cross it, the probability of more lawyers being run over is almost zero. Until one day, when I read that a couple of lawyers were hit by a bus, just around the High Court. I have invoked the blessings of the Gods, the spirits of my ancestors and anything in nature which is more powerful than me, but never logic agian.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe, technically getting hit by a bus doesn't constitute being run over. I think to be effectively run over by a bus, the front wheel and the two tires at the back have to roll over the lawyer and then the bus should reverse and the other front tire and the corresponding rear two tires should run over the semi-flattened form. Well, the possibility of that is near zero.

3:22 pm

 
Blogger UD said...

heehe.....nice write....

11:06 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home