Monday, December 24, 2007

An ofe to an odious mosquito

This winter has been a difficult time for me. The mosquitoes have brought out more than mere blood out of me. This time they have extracted the poet in me.

This poem is dedicated to all the mosquitoes which share my home. These mosquitoes have real class. They know what they want in life- young and tasty blood. My dad and mom are never bitten. By the way did you know that mosquitoes have the largest number of teeth among animals – about 208? And yet, the pain we suffer is not because of their bite but the puncture with their long nose.

Sorry folks. This time around Milton did not come out. It was Bharatiar, so the poem is in Tamil.

Pullu maela maeyudhu Pasu
En maela paayudhu Kosu
En Ullirundhu varudhu veri
Kosu kaditha idamellam sori.


Now, I have retained the translation and other copyright over this literary masterpiece. So this is the official Neelu Translation

In the pastures, grazes the cow
On me attacks the mosquito
From inside me bursts out the anger
The places the mosquito bit is all bother.

“Sori” freely translates “to bother”. In the strictu sensu, it is just “rash”.

Stop Press: My dad does not have any literary sense in him. He calls this poem a trash and feels I deserve a thrash.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I heard this poem before,
Narrated by the victim with sore,
Claimed that he had been bitten,
But the problem was not the score.

For he narrated quite a story,
Made us all guffaw in mirth and merry,
It was about some bloke at work,
The mosquito bit him on his cherry.

We lost the intensity after that,
Our young victim didn't seem so sad,
It is this blog post that revives,
Something that just doesn't go with a pat.

How you're sure your blood tastes good,
Info just not for common good,
Get some repellents, or a net,
Once bitten twice shy, this axiom's very good.

6:20 pm

 
Blogger Jawaman said...

kwak pthoo!!!

3:11 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is better than "Kavignar " Kanimozhi's poems.

9:29 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Dad has rightly said...

1:47 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home